The Value of Radical Candor in Feedback
Feedback is such a gift when given with the interests of the individual in mind.
Kind leaders face into the challenges of giving clear feedback, because the individual will grow from it.
It might not be easy, and yet that leader might be the first one to tell the person, so the gift may well be very valuable indeed.
However, a word of warning. I was once told 'you need to leave this company' by someone I did not trust or respect, so I railed against this 'advice'.
He was right, and later I d…
6 Easy Ways to Pay Focused Attention
That you deserve, and so do they.
These are for you to work into your 1-2-1s, so try them on 𝗼𝗻𝗰𝗲 and they will grow on you!
1. Take a couple of deep breaths and 𝗰𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗱 before you start.
2. Find a 𝗾𝘂𝗶𝗲𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲. Hang up a Do Not Disturb sign.
3. Remove any 𝗽𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀, such as paperwork, phones or email pings.
4. Even virtually, 𝗮𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗱 𝗯𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗱 to do anything else.
5. 𝗟𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗮𝗸. Even if they stop, give them a mome…